First to market, period! Released March 23, 2018. Similar to the popular Tazer, the Tazer JL is to be an essential tool for owners of the new 2018 Wrangler JL.
Simple, plug-in installation – 2 parts: a bypass module plugged in above the OBD2 connector and the Tazer JL itself which plugs into the OBD2 connector.
There are two sets of features – those that program the vehicle to accommodate modifications made to the Jeep, and the “live” features that run only when the Tazer JL remains plugged in.
These are all accessed using the dash display, using steering wheel buttons to navigate the menus.
Settings – once the Tazer is “married” to the Jeep, the following menus can be accessed. Unmarrying the Tazer JL will bring the settings back to stock.
- Adjust for alternate tire sizes up to 41″
- Adjust for alternate axle gear ratios
- Adjust for an alternate transfer case LO range ratio
- Disable TPMS system if desired
- Change front/rear TPMS warning PSI limit
- Disable Backup camera
- Enable Cargo/front/uncercarriage Camera input
- Enable CD audio input
- Disable TravelLink (weather warnings included)
- Change DRL region (type)
- Change DRL location
- Disable DRL Dropout
- Enable Fog lamp output
- Disable Fog lamp dropout
- Disable Halo’s
- Set LED 3rd brake light type
- Set LED tail lamp type
- Set LED front turn signal type
- Set Trailer Tow output for use with Mopar kit
- Disable/Enable Electronic sway bar – for axle swaps or to run disconnected at any speed or drive mode
- Disable/Enable Front Axle Disconnect
- Disable/Enable Front and Rear Lockers
- Enable Aux switch settings on the radio
- Enable Blind spot detection (sensors required)
- Change cluster splash screen to Wrangler/Sahara/Rubicon
Live features – these run only while the tazer is plugged in:
Light shows: Can be accessed from the key fob or from the on-screen menu. 6 pre-set light shows and 3 make-your-own shows included. Set from the factory to only operate when parked, but can be unlocked for off-road and emergency personnel use.
Disable Navigation in-motion lockout – enter addresses while the vehicle is moving
Disable camera lockout – use the backup camera and/or added cargo/front/undercarriage camera at any speed for any length of time
Auto Traction Kill – can be set to turn off traction control upon start-up
Auto StopStart Disable – can be set to disable AutoStopStart upon vehicle start-up
0-30 and 0-60 timers
Cooldown mode – run engine fans when Jeep is off, to aid in cooldown
Winch mode – raise engine idle to 2000 RPM while winching or jumping another vehicle
Clear Check engine light
Free USB updates – certainly more to come!